Italian Design & Creativity
- Italy is a worldwide guarantee in terms of taste for Beauty, Elegance, and Harmony.
- Italy is full with Fine Arts; a deep culture and tradition in Design & Fashion is spread everywhere in the country, and people daily breath it.
- That's why an Italian Design is a plus.
- Visconti adds a very strong inclination to the Italian innovation and creativity, in terms of: shapes, materials, colours, finishing.
Visconti has been able to preserve and to use craftsmanship techniques from the past as Skeleton, Filigree, Scrimshaw, Airbrush,Hand Painting to produce unique Writing and time Instruments
- Long terms experience and skills have led to innovative and reliable solutions.
- Special nibs, filling and lock systems on pens.
- Special movements and materials on watches, where cases have a central role; thanks to the know-how of the watch team.
- An attention to the future: innovative materials, special production technique to mix materials, special performances.
- Design & Engineering process is fully internal to Visconti.
- High attention is paid to all details and components in the realization of reliable and long-lasting products.
- Visconti proposes regular pieces as well as masterpieces / bespoke pens & watches, just for few people in the world who can afford these items.
- Luxury is achieved not only using precious materials or stones, but also with specialized components and with complex and long-lasting craftsmanship processing
Once Upon a time
Visconti history starts in Italy, in the city of Florence, the capital of art and culture.
This Tuscan area has been a cradle for theItalian Medieval & Renaissance history and for fine arts. Here so many artists and genius were born, lived and worked: characters as Giotto, Michelangelo, Dante Alighieri, Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo Galilei, Carlo Collodi, Giovanni da Verrazzano, Amerigo Vespucci, ... and still the tradition continue.
Florence is also one of the largest districts of Italian Fashion and Luxury Industry.
A lot of inspiration comes from here and each product incorporates some of these distinctive features.
An overwhelming passion for special pens
Mr. Poli was working in the pen Industry and he became also a pen passionate; he owned a huge pen collection since 1950: more than 1500 pieces, as well as many books on pens. His son Luigi couldn't avoid to be involved into the same passion. Luigi's office was close to Dante's shop in Florence.
Luigi and Dante who became friends and quickly the pen market gained in another very passionate fan.
The Visconti’s Birth: 1988
The two friends decided to create a business from their common passion for pens, so on October 20th 1988 they founded a company which step by step started to be successful.
The company was growing and it needed a strong support to finance international operations, that is why Italian Pens (connected to a solid International Group, active in several businesses in Europe, USA, Middle East), joined (2003) as shareholder.
On 2005 Luigi decided to quit the company, selling its shares to Italian Pens, since then the majority shareholder.
On January 2017 a new manager arrived to support Visconti's growth in the international markets.
Since the 1988, the Visconti brought the writing industry back to Florence after an oblivion period over the years andit has turned Florentine and Italian craftsmanship into an icon of its products accompanying its fundamental values:
Italian Design & Creativity, Craftsmanship, Quality, Luxury.
Since so many years the name 'Visconti' is synonymous of extraordinarily elegant writing instruments coming from very intense historical and technological research: fountain pens, rollers and ball-pens.
On one side Visconti has preserved, rediscovered, old craftsmanship techniques, making them suitable for pen instruments.
Also, the research for new materials is a strong point of Visconti (i.e. Volcanic Lava, unidirectional carbon, cotto tile,…).
Now Visconti is one of the most important player in the luxury pen world market and it has introduced many innovative technical solutions (lock system, double filler, travelling ink-pot, Palladium 23kt nib, ...) which make its writing instruments even more special.
Visconti offers a wide range of high quality items, regular, limited, HRH, bespoke.
All products show strong attention to detail and unique features.
Visconti AtelierVisconti is focused to be a niche manufacturer of extraordinary writing and time instruments, being able also to offer dedicated projects to very special customer.
Luxury is not given only by the price, but most of all by the uniqueness of the piece, the special manufacturing process, the craftsmanship skills used, the materials, the finishing.
Thanks to the capabilities of its Italian Atelier in Florence, Visconti is able to offer customized products with a unique design and a highly-personalized production for very special people.